Qubo ! Where the fun begins

When I was a youngin,  I used to be so happy to go to my grandmother’s house for many reasons. 

Some days it would be because of the joy of seeing her, other days it was because I wanted a delicious, hot soulful meal that she would have waited for us on the stove after a long day, then there was one of the most common reasons; I was ready to watch the  Qubo channel.  

Mostly with every encounter when I have the chance to bring up this station, a lot of people tell me they have never heard of it.  I don’t be shocked when they tell me that, I actually get excited because that means I can bring up all of the amazing shows from my childhood and talk about a lot of memories associated with those shows.  Which is literally what this blog is going to be about today, we are about to have a little rundown on the Qubo kids fan favorites. 

First and foremost, the channel can only be found for people with Antenna TV.  At least that’s what it used to be; I haven’t watched  Qubo since I was in the 5th grade.   When you think about Qubo though, I want you to visualize Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon having a baby.  That’s the best way I can get you to picture it without knowing the show lineup, which I’m about to give to you anyway. 

JACOB TWO – TWO

They call him Two Two,  Jacob Two.  First off, this show has one of the coolest theme songs, y’all should listen to it when you get a chance.  The main character is a boy who has a really bad stuttering problem, and he always says things repeatedly and his last time is also two-two. 

The main plot is him going on a lot of mystery adventures which he tries to solve with his friends Buford and Renee.  The show doesn’t have an overarching theme, it’s more of just a go with the flow show.  If I could compare it to a show in this day and age, I would say it’s like T.A.W.O.G                                                There’s a bit of everything in there, to ghosts, evil principals, haunted houses where the janitor Mr. Sour Pickles work and some more stuff.  I personally love the inner mini story that stars Jacob’s weird neighbor that’s secretly a Canadian spy.   

Pecola  

You know what, going down the list is bringing me to happy tears with the warm memories.  Also, I just suggest y’all listen to all of these theme songs because they are so bright and catchy.  

But, back on topic, Pecola is set up like Minecraft, but they are animals.  The main character, Pecola, is a penguin whose personality is optimistic and helpful.   He’s also curious and hyperactive which sometimes causes him to wreak havoc on his cubed town.  His favorite dessert is also banana pudding.    

FUN FACT, for those who like anime, Pecola is considered a Japanese – Canadian anime.    

PEARLIE

Who loves Fantasy with fairies and pixie dust?  Well, I did and that’s why Pearlie is one of my favorites, there is so much stuff I can say about this show, but unfortunately, I have to keep it short. 

Pearlie is a Park fairy appointed by the Fairy Headquarters to keep the park safe.  She has the help of her friend Jasper who’s an elf, but he’s lazy and doesn’t really do anything.  Then there’s my favorite character, Opal, an outback fairy from Australia sent to learn from Pearlie about the park.  They are all a group of friends that venture around the park to fix problems while eating pink cupcakes that look scrumptious to me to this day.   Too bad the antagonist is Pearlie’s evil cousin, Saphira, because I actually like Saphira and her assistant bat.  They don’t really do anything but throw trash in the park and try to get them discovered by humans, which Pearlie always stops anyway, so it really doesn’t matter. 

ARCHIE’S WEIRD MYSTERIES

List gets this straight first; this is the original Riverdale.  This cartoon came before that show on Netflix and the cartoon itself came from the comic series with the same name.  As some may know, the show is about a group of teenagers in the early 2000s, Archie Andrews, Veronica Lodge, Reggie Mantle, Betty Cooper, and sometimes Jughead Jones, who go around solving supernatural mysteries and then they write them in the school newspaper.  The show is pretty chill now (unlike how Riverdale portrayed them), but when I was younger it was scary.  This show is what made me  go through the phase of being scared of the movie theaters.  It stopped now, though every now and then I sometimes think about that episode.  

This is it for now, but there’s so many shows that make up my whole childhood that I want to discuss.  Maybe I will go back to these, have a good day until next time.  

Author: Tiara Jones

This is Tiara J and I love reading and writing Mystery and Thriller. "Blood Will Tell" is one of my favorite novels and "Law and Order" is my go to binge. I’m not dark, I just write for the shy little girl years behind me while also obsessing over R.L Stine. Favorite Quote: “ I always wanted to be funny. I never really planned to be scary.” -R.L. Stine

One thought on “Qubo ! Where the fun begins”

1. These all look super interesting! I think fairies are a pretty interesting concept, and with how much little me loved Winx and Rainbow Magic, I think I would have loved Pearlie.